WordPress has yet no settings for changing the smileys. This plugin disables WordPress default smileys and allows you to choose what smileys to use. If you have created an own smiley pack you can use that one as well.
- Choose own smiley gallery directory
- Choose a smiley pack included with WP Smiley Switcher
- Enable / disable smileys with posts / pages
- Enable / disable smileys with comments
Special thanks to
Noktah Hitam for the Noktahhitam smiley pack.
- Upload the FOLDER ‘wp-smiley-switcher’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’
- Activate the plugin ‘WP Smiley Switcher’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in admin
- Go to settings to change the smiley settings
- Will this delete the WordPress default smileys?
No, it just disables them. If you deactivate the plugin the WordPress default smileys will be back.
- How can I support this plugin?
The best way to contribute is to spread the word, link to WP Smiley Switcher, blog about WP Smiley Switcher or give me feedback. All kinds of feedback are helpful to me. Suggestions and bug report are also welcome.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Smiley Switcher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Smiley Switcher” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.